QUADS is the ESRC Qualitative Archiving and Data Sharing Scheme.
This web site, hosted by ESDS Qualidata in its co-ordination role, contains details on the scheme and the five projects that were awarded funding as part of the scheme.
The objectives of the Scheme are to:
- develop new models of qualitative research archiving and data sharing which tackle in innovative ways the epistemological,
ethical, metohological and practical challenges raised by the re-use and re-analysis of qualitative material.
- explore ways of improving the quality of contextual information, which complement the ESDS Qualidata approach
- encourage researchers to explore the use of stored and shared video, visual and audio datasets
- promote understanding of the potential benefits and challenges of information and communications and e-science technologies
- explore and extend the relationship between qualitative data producers, users, and re-users and to demonstrate innovative
and effective practice in these domains